There are three kinds of cookies in this world. Good. Burned. And Mom’s. And Mom’s are in short supply. Anyone can make good cookies, but only a Mom can make Mom’s cookies, and they are to good what sprouts are to trees. Thats why I decided it was time to solve the Mom’s cookie shortage.
It was a simple matter really. Everything has a particular chemical makeup, a set of compounds put together in just the right way to make matter. If you can figure out the exact chemical makeup of a cookie, you could build it from scratch. And I mean really from scratch. Raw energy turned into the basic building blocks of matter, reassembled through painstaking calculation to reproduce with perfect accuracy… a Mom’s Cookie.
Now, you might think that this was an egregious waste of technological power. You may even say that it was an abuse of opportunity. That I should have turned my sights towards creating medicine or nanotechnology to change the world. But let me tell you. If I could just give everyone one of those cookies, and let them know that there were as many as they wanted…. we would have world peace. From there, everything else would be easy.
So that is the inspiration behind creating the Dematterialreimaginatiotron. Its simple, give it one cookie. And it makes two. It of course needs to work in a total vacuum, can’t create matter where there already is some. Well, not without risking some sort of violent explosion. We couldn’t have that. So here we are, at the Dematterialreimaginatiotron factory. Its been running for the last eight hours. The first batch should be ready to ship out. But you and I will get to be the first to taste test them.
See those two huge clear containers? Those are energetically sealed with proprietary force field technology in order to keep them in perfect vacuums. And as you can see, they are nearly filled with chocolate chip and cherry cookies. Yeah, the cherries are awesome. Ready to try one? Go ahead. Its perfectly safe.
I’ll have one from this batch first to show you. Mmm, its good. Its chewy, and soft, and slightly warm to the touch. Perfect. You can almost taste the scientifically engineered and exactly duplicated love in each one. Go ahead and try yours.
….
….
…..
Oh. Oh thats not good at all. This might have been a huge mistake. I’ve never seen a person explode that…. well… completely. Anyone know what happened? The cookie is gone too. Oh… ohhhh…. Of course. I should have thought about this. We created the cookies from energy, and energy splits off into matter and anti-matter. Guess all of those cookies in that batch must be anti-matter. Thats probably not safe. Its an awful lot of anti-matter. This was the first shipment right? This was the third? Who got the first two? Yeah…. thats not going to be good. They weren’t even at peace before. Any chance that they might think someone else sent it? No?
I’m going to need a couple more of these Mom’s cookies while I think about this. Maybe we should shut off the machine...
No comments:
Post a Comment